Friday 13 February 2009

fffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhttttttt



I decided to give Marina and the Diamonds a re-listen today and decided that I liked her songs and that it reminded me a bit of a British Regina Spektor but also Micachu. Then the obvious question popped into my head, who would win in a fight, Marina or Micachu? Both relatively new, ‘kooky’ female singers with similarish voices. I went to see Micachu at the end of last year and although she is diminutive in size she does look like she could handle herself in a scrap. Unfortunately I haven’t had the chance to see Marina live yet but from her photo she seems feisty enough and after further research it turns out a) she claims she’s from Ancient Greece, home of the ancient art of wrestling, b) she’s actually from Wales, home of the late night, city centre wrestling and c) she did actually throw a punch at a member of her audience at one of her gigs, albeit a ‘girls punch’.

So at this stage I would say it’s maybe favouring Marina. But would their respective bands be involved as well? The Shapes who perform with Micachu consist of another girl and a very talented but slightly geeky male drummer. On Marina’s MySpace she says that we are the Diamonds, which is nice, but slightly unfair in this context. So the solution? Well this is my solution, which I think is the fairest. Put on a silent gig (like a silent disco but with bands playing at each end of the venue at the same time) and see who attracts the most listeners. Then during the final song both Marina and Micachu advance to the middle of the venue with their respective fans that they have just won over standing behind them (they will also be taking part in this fight). Then let battle commence, last kooky female singer standing wins. Simple, and I think you’ll agree, fair. So I’m off to get in contact with their respective managements and I suggest you give both equally fabulous Marina and Micachu a listen.



No comments:

Post a Comment